How to Spend 10 Days in Turkey with Kids – Sample Itinerary and Cost Estimate for a Halal Family Holiday
Since Turkey vacation has been like a hot cake selling fast among Muslim families, I was wondering why did I miss writing about our planned itinerary with my readers. So here’s a roadmap with a suggested itinerary, that is flexible and has provision for relaxing in between the “on the go” tour days. I’m sure it will help you mamas and papas with planning your family vacation in Turkey for this summer.
The average expected expense in summers should be around $900/person for 10 days, which includes food, accommodation, shopping, inter-city traveling and fun activities.
The Best 10 Day Itinerary For Visiting Turkey with Kids on a Halal-Friendly Family Vacation
Day 1 Istanbul
Haghia Sophia, Blue Mosque and Basilica Cistern
Morning: Get your vacation shoes on and start your tour with Haghia Sophia.
- It’s better to take a guided tour if you have interest in history, architecture, and art. We found a guide for 100TL just outside Haghia Sophia long ticket line which we skipped because of him.
- Haghia Sophia entry ticket – 50TL
- Istanbul all museums pass – 125TL (valid for 5 days)
Afternoon: Near noon, walk up to the top rated gem of Istanbul i.e. the Blue Mosque, offer Zuhr prayers and have lunch at any nearby cafe.
- Average meal cost 50TL/person in casual dining restaurants
Evening: Basilica Cistern and dinner near Arasta Bazar street
- (Don’t google about Basilica Cistern if you’re not aware of what it actually is. Trust me you’ll be amazed to see what’s inside)
Day 2 Istanbul
Spice Bazar, Grand Bazar, Bosphorus Cruise and Topkapi Palace
Morning: Topkapi Palace tour
- Ticket: 40TL (additional 25 TL for harem entry)
Afternoon: Grand/Spice bazar
Evening: Bosphorus cruise
- Prices vary from 600TL to 2500TL depending upon time, dinner option and other selections
Day 3 Capadoccia
Goreme Open Air Museum, Cave Hotel
Morning: Fly early from Istanbul to Kayseri (flights starting from $80)
Noon: Goreme open air museum
- Ticket price 30TL
- Our hotel concierge arranged us a tour guide with a van for 500TL for the whole day from Pupa Tourism.
Afternoon: Enjoy your cool cave hotel in the scorching heat
- We stayed at an amazing cave hotel in Urgup town, Dere Suites Capadoccia for about $100/night for our luxurious family suite
- Get to know about our amazing stay at Dere Suites Here
Evening: Horse riding and camel rock. Sleep early for early morning balloon ride
Day 4 Capadoccia
Hot Air Balloon Tour, Underground City and Cultural Night
Morning: Hot air balloon tour before sunrise
- 1-hour tour from 60-140 Euros/person depending on how many numbers of persons you want in the balloon
Afternoon: Derinkuyu/Kaymakli underground city and pottery museum tour
- Underground cities ticket Derinkuyu (25TL) Kaymakli (30TL)
Evening: Turkish night cultural show at Avanos
- Show with dinner price approximately $ 30/person
Mevlana Rumi Mosque and Museum
Morning: Leave for Konya
Afternoon: Mevlana Rumi mosque and museum
- Reasonable decent hotels will cost about $70-80/night for a family room. We chose Dergah Hotel which was at walking distance from Mevlana’s dergah
Evening: Whirling dervish show
Day 6 Antalya
Old City Tour, Clock Tower and Sandland
Morning: Leave for Antalya early
Afternoon: Old city tour, Hadrian’s Gate, clock tower and souvenir shopping
Evening: Sandland (ticket 24TL/adult, 10/child)
Day 7 Antalya
Museum and Land of Legends
Morning: Antalya museum
- Entry 20TL
Afternoon: Land of Legends Theme Park
- Ticket approx $50/person
Day 8 Oludeniz
Morning: Leave for Oludeniz (3hrs drive – Bus and taxi cost estimate approx $15/person)
- See Rome2Rio for more cost details
Afternoon: Paragliding (approx. cost 350-400TL)
- Any decent resort would cost about $150. We chose Han Deluxe Hotel.
Evening: Enjoy at the beach
Day 9 Pamukkale
Ruins of Pamukkale and Thermal Pools
Morning: Leave for Pamukkale
Afternoon: Ruins of Pamukkale (Hierapolis) Ticket Price: 35TL
Evening: Cleopatra pools (entry ticket 30TL)
Day 10 Istanbul
Abo Eyup Al-Ansari Tomb and Prince’s Island Tour
Morning: Fly back to Istanbul early morning (flights from $30)
Afternoon: Ayub Ansari mosque and Prince’s island tour/ Vialand Waterpark (ticket adults-110TL, kids-100TL)
Evening: Pack up for home 🙂
We hope that you find the suggested 10 day itinerary for your Halal family vacation in Turkey useful.
We would love to read and benefit from your feedback and suggestions in the comments below.